The WCCI 14th World Conference at the University of Pécs, Pécs, Hungary will be a historic milestone and a unique experience for the following reasons:
· It will be the 40th year celebration of WCCI ;. (1970 – 2010).
· The University of Pécs, the host institution is located in the heart of the City of Pécs . Pécs, the city without borders. It was with this title that the regional centre of Southern Danubia won the competition to be European Capital of Culture in 2010. The city’s multi-cultural nature derives from the fact that it has always been open-minded, a potential space where even those cultures could meet which are not normally interactive, such as those of Western Europe with the Balkan cultures, the German and the Turkish. (Pécs 2010 European Capital of Culture, Hungary). The faculty and staff of the university are knowledgeable professionals, warm and friendly colleagues who are ready to welcome everyone to the WCCI 40th year celebration.
· The International Conference Director, Dr. Sandor Klein, Professor at the University of Pécs was a founding member of WCCI who attended the organizing conference at Asilomar, California in 1970. Dr. Klein is a loyal, and dedicated WCCI member and leader who led his group to bid for the WCCI 14th World Conference to be held in his own country and university.
· The theme of the conference, “ Defining Democracy, Freedom and Entrepreneurship in the Context of A Globalized Civil Society” was chosen by the host committee as a response to the resurgence of democracy in Hungary and the neighboring Eastern European countries. A similar movement is also happening in some countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America. The engagement of the participants in defining the important concepts that make up the conference theme can be the significant contribution of this world meeting to education for the 21st century.
· The Plenary Session speakers and presenters of papers, workshops and panel discussion are carefully chosen as a perfect fit to their roles because their participation will undoubtedly enrich the conference program.
· The conference program will offer unique opportunities for the participants
to enjoy this once in a lifetime celebration and experience the Pécs 2010 European Capital of Cultural;
Conference participants will be received as honored guests to witness and participate in the WCCI 40th year celebration.
We look forward to a 5- day celebration, exchange of ideas and knowledge as well as to a cultural immersion in the rich heritage of Pécs, Hungary and the warm hospitality of the local university committee as well as the friendship of WCCI members coming from 50 countries of the world.
COME AND ENJOY WITH US THE 40TH YEAR CELEBRATION OF WCCI AT THE UNIVERSITY OF PECS, PECS, HUNGARY.